EFFECTIVE DATE: JULY 1, 2021
Information We Obtain
In connection with your use of the Services, you may provide personal information to us in various ways. For example, we may obtain personal information about you when you register for an account, access our online curriculum, register and participate in our webinars, or communicate or interact with us at our offices, over the phone, via e-mail or postal mail, or on social media. The types of personal information we may obtain includes:
- Contact information, such as full name, telephone number, mailing address and work e-mail;
- Username and password;
- Payment information, such as your payment card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code, and billing address;
- Job information, such as your occupation, workplace, role, title, and the name of the school and school district (or organization or company) with which you are affiliated;
- Demographic information, such as age, education, interests, ethnicity, identity, years of work;
- Contact information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact;
- Information you provide in the course of applying for a job with us, such as details about your education, work and military history, legal work eligibility status, and background check information; and
- Other information you provide to us in connection with the Services or when you otherwise contact or interact with us, such as through emails or other communications, social media pages, and surveys.
When you visit our Sites, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, web server logs, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected devices to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. The information we collect in this manner may include your device IP address, unique device identifier, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits.
When you use Sites, we also may collect certain information by automated means, such as through device logs, server logs, and other technologies. The information we collect in this manner may include the device type used, the mobile operating system, device identifiers, and similar unique identifiers, device settings and configurations, IP addresses, battery and signal strength, usage statistics, dates and times of usage, actions taken on the Sites, and other information regarding the use of the Sites.
These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our Services; (3) tailor the Services around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our Services and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our Services, and help ensure they are working properly.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified about certain types of automated collection technologies and how to restrict or disable them. Please note, however, that without these technologies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Services. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we obtain to:
- Administer and provide our Services;
- Establish and manage accounts;
- Administer participation in surveys, contests, sweepstakes, offers, giveaways, promotions or other programs;
- Process and fulfill transactions in connection with our Services;
- Communicate with you about our Services or your use of or interest in the Services;
- Verify your identity;
- Respond to inquiries and provide customer support;
- Establish and manage our customer relationships;
- Personalize your experience on our Services, including by providing you with specific content relevant to you;
- Advertise and market our Services or our business partners;
- Send you offers and other promotional materials (including about our partners), including information about our company or our business partners.
- Customize the online ads, special promotions, emails, and other advertising and marketing messages you receive or encounter to those we believe are aligned with your interests;
- Perform data analytics, and monitor and analyze usage and trends to measure use of various areas of the Services and improve your experience with the Services;
- Compile aggregated statistics for internal and marketing purposes, including benchmarking, determining appropriate levels of hardware, determining the numbers of employees that will be needed to provide the Services, and reporting the numbers of users and/or websites that use the Services.
- Carry out internal business purposes, such as operating, evaluating, and improving our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing, improving and analyzing our products and services; managing our communications; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions);
- Manage career opportunities with us, including for recruitment purposes, candidate screening and evaluation, and employee onboarding;
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our Services and prevent misuse;
- Exercise our rights and remedies and defend against legal claims;
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We may use third-party analytics services on our Services, such as Google Analytics. The information we obtain through the Services may be disclosed to or collected directly by these analytic services. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
The Services are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers.
To learn how to opt out of interest-based advertising in the U.S., please visit www.aboutads.info/choices, http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, and http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/.
Information We Share
We may share the information we obtain about you with technology consultants and other third-party vendors and entities to perform services on our behalf, such as website hosting, message board administration, data analytics, advertising, customer relationship management, shopping services, payment processing, and other services. We also may share the information we obtain about you with our affiliates and business partners. For example, we may share your information with outside contractors, agents, or sponsors that help us with the administration, judging, and prize fulfillment aspects of contests and promotions.
We also may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or the rights of our affiliated companies; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the safety of any individual or the public or to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent or as directed by your representative.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
Your Rights & Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect about you. For example, you may update certain of your account details by logging into your account on our Services. You can also unsubscribe from our newsletter and promotional communications by following the “Unsubscribe” link in our e-mails or by changing your newsletter and promotional communications preferences in your profile. You also may opt-out of, or unsubscribe from, reminder e-mails at any time by following the instructions contained in those e-mails.
In addition, to the extent provided by applicable law, you may have certain rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you.
Notice to California Residents
Subject to certain limitations under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents may ask us to provide them with (a) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (b) the identity of those third parties. To submit a request, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include this Site as the subject line, and your full name, email address, and postal address in your message.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, or use.
Co-Branded Areas & Links to Third-Party Services & Features
Our Services also may provide links to other online services and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins. These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by Pure Edge, Inc., we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
How to Contact Us
Pure Edge, Inc.
PO Box 2298
South Hamilton, MA 01982